The Central N.C. Council is excited to offer Internet Rechartering to your unit. We think you’ll love this method for rechartering, because you’ll be completing the charter renewal information yourself-which ensures that it will be correct-and you can do it from your home or office, anytime that it’s convenient for you. It’s a secure, easy-to-use application. Be sure to attend training at your roundtables.You can use the Online Tutorial now to familiarize yourself with the new program (Click Here).
Call Beth Blalock, Registrar at 704-982-0141, ext. 224 or email at
Here’s how to proceed:
- Select an adult to be the renewal processor for Internet Rechartering.
- From 60 to 45 days before the unit charter expiration date, the renewal processor should gather recharter material.
- Select First-Time User and enter the unit access code found on your recharter packet from the council (contact your Unit Commissioner to obtain your packet), or select Online Tutorial.
- Select the unit type and enter the unit number.
- C=Pack / S=Troop / P=Crew / R=Ship
- Create a password as instructed.
- Complete the information requested on each screen. You can stop at any time, log off the system, and begin again where you left off by reentering your access code and password.
- When you’ve completed all the information to recharter the unit, click the Submit button.
- Print the Unit Charter Renewal Report Package, which includes the charter renewal application and lists of new members, transfers, multiples, and no-fee adults. Acquire the appropriate signatures on the application, then take the entire packet along with the new applications and fee payments to your Unit Commissioner, District Commissioner, or the district roundtable in November.
Please remember to add $1.00 for insurance for all paying adults and youth in addition to the national registration fees.
Please have your Unit Charter submitted to your Unit Commissioner no later than the December 1st!
2016 Recharter Reminders
- The 2016 Re-charter period runs from November 1st until December 31st
- In order for units to receive their advancements at no charge, the re-charter documentation and fees must be received by the council by Thursday, December 15th.
- All Units (traditional and exploring) must use their on-line re-charter system
- Access codes change every year. You are a “first time user” when you sign on for the first time. (A postcard with your access number is in your packet.)
- All Unit leaders MUST have taken Youth Protection Training within the past 24 months (requirement for processing the charter)
- Unit 2016 JTE forms must be filled out and returned with your charter.
- Remember to add $1.00 per person for insurance to the registration fees calculated by the on-line system.
- Completed charters must be reviewed and approved by a member of the Commissioner Staff prior to being turned in
- Unit Charter Payment must be made with a single check. Multiple checks will no longer be accepted.
- Because of the number of on-time charters expected, submission by 12/1 would be appreciated.
- If a unit does not re-charter on-time (12/31):
- Scouts, Scouters, and their respective Units will be dropped from the Central North Carolina Council membership roles
- Units will no longer be able to obtain scouting supplies or awards
- Units will no longer be allowed to gather together as a BSA organization
- Unit Tenure will be lost
- Liability and Accident insurance will be dropped
- Scouts, Scouters, and units will no longer be able to attend district or council wide scouting functions
Click Below to Begin Internet Re-Chartering
Online Rechartering opens November 1st.
Internet Explorer 10 Compatibility Issues
may have experienced a problem using Internet Advancement, processing a
Tour and Activity Plan, or updating your Youth Protection Training
online. Recently, Microsoft did an automatic upgrade to Internet
Explorer 10. Unfortunately BSA systems are not compatible with IE10. Click here for steps
that will help you change your compatibility settings so you'll still
be able to take advantage of our volunteer database as well as the
upgraded features IE10.