Pack 317 Cub Scout receives Honor Medal

posted Nov 28, 2014, 7:20 AM by Rowan District BSA   [ updated Nov 28, 2014, 7:26 AM ]
salisburypost.com 

It was just after 5 a.m. Aug. 31, 2013, when 8-year-old Zane awoke to the smell of smoke. At first he thought his mother must have burned something while cooking breakfast, but he soon realized the smoke was heavy.

When he reached the kitchen, the youngster saw the cabinet doors were on fire and about to fall off. The refrigerator looked as though it were melting. Zane ran into his parents room shouting “The house is on fire, the house is on fire” and started......